- Bell work: Entry #6
- Revisit theme – small group activity or stretch activity
- Summative assessment – see Mrs. Drum to make up!!!
- Practice Packet 8 Parts of Speech
-None – the parts of speech packet is NOT homework!
- Bell work: grab 8 colored pencils from the back and prepare for grammar notes
- Notes over the 8 parts of speech (see make-up work box for handouts)
- Practice with 8 parts of speech
-Be ready for summative assessment over theme on TUES/WED!
- Bell work: Entry #3
- Review Mini-lesson on theme, quick practice examples
- Formative assessment
- Intro to Maya Angelou
- Begin reading first memoir excerpt from I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
-Finish reading memoir excerpt and brainstorm at least THREE theme topics for next class
- Bell work: Jounral Entry #2
- Wrap up SR discussion #2
- Provocation for Memoir Unit: Everyone has a Story Activity (see link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cHY8wF_luzwpB1OPRfpx3efW7_9XjcvNtoeViP5z5wk/edit?usp=sharing)
-None! (But be ready for some Thursday/Friday)
- Bell work – get into summer reading groups
- Finish up discussion #1
- Begin discussion #2
-Bring your SR books if you have them!
- New seats!
- Notebook set up (see link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xaTVk5TDvHqYggnZj8mR8EekjLuN_DRGQqGmCWdnjWg/edit?usp=sharing)
- Journal #1 (see link above)
- Begin summer reading discussions
-Bring your letter to yourself by MONDAY!