Important Dates and Upcoming Events
Wednesday Morning Student Support sessions began on Aug. 23
- A great time to make up work after absences!
- Specific assignment help with a teacher
- NHD collaboration and work time
- Students MUST have an orange pass signed be a teacher!
- Sign Up is Easy! Text @mrvint to 81010 to join
Skyward is our official grade book
- See your child’s individual class progress
- See scores on graded work
- Identify missing assignments
- Send & receive messages from teachers
- Grades in Canvas DO NOT automatically transfer & are NOT official grades
What are Conduct Scores in Middle School?
How is your child conducting themselves at school? In middle school it is more than just “good behavior”, we want to see students actively following our IB Learner Profiles and classroom Essential Agreements. Please review the MSDWT Conduct Grading Scale (as published in Agenda Book on p.110). Ask, is your child “living the IB Learner Profiles?”
6th Grade's Focus Five our five big deals
Student Agenda Book Complete daily at school. Parents use the Digital Homework Page to double-check that ALL homework assignments are completed with quality!
Checking Skyward weekly for academic progress in every class and to verify that all student work has been turned in
Reading for pleasure for 30 minutes every night of story that captures their interests
Utilizing Wednesday Student Support sessions for specific help and enrichment in academic classes
Essential Agreements are important behavioral benchmarks we use as an active members in the Eastwood Community
Canvas is Eastwood's Blended-Learning Environment
Grades from Canvas will NOT automatically transfer into Skyward. Canvas gives students and teachers one location to own and manage learning. It is a way to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place. Canvas can dramatically increase student-teacher communication and it personalizes the classroom in a way that is impossible using traditional means. It’s a powerful tool that supports learning and instruction on any device at any time. Learn more about Canvas here: https://youtu.be/7tdrDiVSyLA
The EAGLE NEWS Monthly Newsletter - Stay connected within our Eagle community!
Welcome New 6th Graders!
As you make the move to Middle School, we the 6th grade teachers welcome you on your next adventure! As we all gear up for another year, it’s important to start off on the right foot. If you are a student, we have some Steps for Success we’d like you to take to prepare for what’s ahead. If you’re a parent, we have some ways to connect to ease this big transition and really make this a great year from day 1!
- Parents – Get Ready!
- Bookmark this page! Click on names above for weekly homework calendars
- 6th Grade Supply List for 2017-2018
- Skyward and Remind
- Set up an area at home for studying & doing homework
- Use the Quick Links to also bookmark these sites: Skyward, National History Day, the Eastwood homepage, & the NWEA Parent Resources & Toolkit
- MORE School Tips & Tricks for Parents
Find out everything sports related from the Sports Update
- Prior to the first day of practice or tryouts, all potential participants must have a valid and completed physical form on file with our main office.
- Physicals completed on or after April 1, 2016 are good for the 2016 – 2017 school year. Most students will have to update their physicals.
- In addition, all students and parents must read and sign the releases pertaining to Concussions and Cardiac Arrest. Full packets are prepared and available at the front desk. Additionally, you can follow this link to download the complete packet to your computer. 2016 – 2017 Athletic Physical Packet
- Click HERE to go to the NEW Athletics Homepage
- Eastwood Eagles Baseball Homepage
Academic Help - Wednesday Student Support
Each Wednesday morning students can get specific help on assignments or projects from a teacher. Students must fill out an ORANGE PASS and have it signed by the teacher who is giving the help.
Students must arrive between 8:30-9:10am in order to participate.
Students will enter at Door #1, sign in upon arrival, and report to the teacher.
Students will not be permitted to go to lockers, so bring all materials.
Students without a signature will not be allowed to enter.
Looking for more academic support in middle school? Check out some advice and tips from Mr. Vinton’s Academic Support Page
Math Department Help Sessions
Sessions are after school beginning at 4:30. Students will still need a pass from their math teacher. Bring all of your materials with you. Students may get a ride home at any time or ride the 6pm late bus home transportation is needed. (Please ask for a late bus pass too!)
|Every Wednesday||Ms. Hendricks’s room (217)|
Teachers (email contacts)
|Language & Literature|
|Individuals and Societies (IAS)|
|PE & Health|
|Focused Reading Strategies||Mrs. Carole Churchill|
Mr. Tommy Wells (Last Names A-L)
Mrs. Sharon Hopkins (Last Names M-Z)